Today we’re going to take a look at how you can download and install a software update on pretty much all of the current Telefunken televisions from the last few years. Due to the not very nicely processed user interface, the function is always difficult to find. We explain how to find them and how to update your television to the latest version.
- In the first step, call up the main menu and then select:
Settings → System and then more (possibly also other settings).
- In the next step select
Current Software / Update and press the OK button.
- Next, select
Search for update and press OK , the television will now search for a new update (important: the television must have an internet connection!).
- If a new update is found, the TV will start downloading. A message will appear when the download is complete. Press OK to complete the software upgrade. In most cases the television will restart itself.
- After the restart, the software update is complete and you can continue to use the television as normal.
- You can also make your life easier (turn on automatic updates) . If you have selected the item Current software / update , an item “automatic search” will also appear. A time can be set here at which the TV will automatically search for updates and download and install them on its own.
Telefunken TV software update download
If it doesn’t work the way we described above, there is another possibility. For this, however, a little more technical knowledge is required. The update for the television can also be downloaded manually on a computer from the Internet. In this case, it must then be played on the television using a USB stick. Here, too, we will explain the best way to proceed.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not make the updates available for download online itself. You can find most updates here, for example at https://a2zrom.com/. Unfortunately not for all models, so if necessary you will have to go looking for them on your own. If you cannot find a file for your device, contact support.
- Download the update on your computer.
- Copy the files to a FAT32 USB stick
- Switch on the TV and plug in the USB stick (the media browser often opens and you have to close it again).
- On the remote control, press the menu button and the numbers 1 5 0 5. The following message appears: “Do you want to update software?”
- Confirm the “Yes” field with the OK button to start the update.
- The TV restarts after the software update.
- Important: Wait (!) Until the TV picture appears and then switch the device off briefly using the on / off switch on the device.
- As soon as the TV is back on, you can remove the USB stick. The update is complete.
We hope that you managed to update your Telefunken television. If it didn’t work, please write to us. In 9 out of 10 cases it works with the first variant to update the television. However, it is a little more difficult with Telefunken than with some other manufacturers, since the company only licenses the products and does not develop them in-house. So there are always big differences between the devices.