Today we’re going to look at how you can download and install a software update on pretty much all current Telefunken televisions from the last few years. Due to the not very nicely refurbished user interface, it often happens that the function is difficult to find. We’ll explain how to find them and how to update your TV to the latest version.
- In the first step, go to the main menu and then select:
Settings → System and then more (possibly other settings).
- In the next step select
Current Software/Update and press the OK button.
- Next select
Check for update and press OK , the TV will now search for a new update (Important: the TV must have an existing internet connection!).
- If a new update is found, the TV will start downloading. A message will appear once the download is complete. Press OK to complete the software upgrade. The TV will now restart itself in most cases.
- After the restart, the software update is complete and you can continue to use the television as normal.
- You can also make life easier for yourself (turn on automatic updates) . If you have selected the item Current software/ update , an item “Automatic search” also appears. A time can be set here at which the television will automatically search for updates and download and install them on its own.
Telefunken TV software update download
If it doesn’t work as described above, there is another possibility. For this, however, a little more technical knowledge is required. The update for the television can also be downloaded manually from the Internet on a computer. In this case, it must then be played on the TV using a USB stick. Here, too, we will explain the optimal procedure to you.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not make the updates available online for download. You can find most of the updates here, for example at https://a2zrom.com/. Unfortunately, not for all models, because you have to go looking for them yourself if necessary. If no file is found for your device, contact support.
- Download the update to your computer.
- Copy the files to a FAT32 USB stick
- Switch on the TV and insert the USB stick (often the media browser then opens, you then have to close it again).
- Press the menu button and the numbers 1 5 0 5 on the remote control. The following message appears: “Do you want to update software?”
- Confirm the “Yes” field with the OK button to start the update.
- After the software update, the TV restarts.
- Important: Wait(!) until the TV picture appears and then switch off the device briefly using the on/off switch on the device.
- Once the TV is back on, you can remove the USB stick. The update is complete.
We hope you managed to update your Telefunken TV. If it didn’t work, please write to us. In 9 out of 10 cases, the first option to update the television works. However, it is a bit more difficult with Telefunken than with some other manufacturers, since the company only licenses the products and does not develop them itself. So there are always big differences between the devices.